Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Simple Things in Life

It is always amazing to me how much more I appreciate things after being without them.  This simple Sunday lunch is a good example of some things I appreciate so much more now that they are not a part of my everyday life.  It may look like quite a simple meal, and it was, but I think I appreciated it far more than some fancier meals I have eaten in Canada.  Can you guess what I enjoyed so much? The ratio of green things to carbohydrates, eggs instead of meat, drinking my juice with my meal, ketchup (or at least the closest thing to it here) and eating with a fork were the main things.  The unseen parts that I considered a bonus were spontaneity (this meal was not on the menu), listening to music while eating and a quite lunch by myself.  I do enjoy eating regular meals with my host family, but this is just an example of how I am learning to appreciate things as a rare treat, rather than expect them as a regular part of life.  

A simple Sunday Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment